Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Fruit Drop Biscuits - Purity Cookbook

Hello there! 

I hope the weekend is finding you with good weather as the weeks of summer are winding to an end. I have been in a baking mood lately. It helps that I also picked a 4L pail of crab apples with the kiddos the other day! This recipe here is found in the Purity Cookbook. My mom had an older version of it when I was a kid. The copy I have is the Twelfth printing, 2003.

These biscuits are the Fruit Drop Biscuits found on page 27. #43 (a) is the variation I used. I added chopped crab apples and raisins for my fruit. These turned out nice and fluffy. The "dough" was more batter-like then a normal biscuit so I was quite surprised that they turned out so well! I think for an added bonus next time I will add some cheddar!








































Have a blessed week wherever you are!!

~happy crafting!~

No comments:

Post a Comment