Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Morning Glory Muffins with a Twist

Hello Spring!

I've taken quite a hiatus from blogging. I've missed the bloggy world but it has been refreshing. What's new? I had baby number 6 on May 1st! Baby Girl Averie. I'll do a blog post when I'm up to it. We've been taking it easy this last week.

I've had a major urge to clean and bake and organize lately. Making up for lost time in the last 9 months I suppose! Last evening, I began the process of emptying our gigantic freezer in the garage. It has lasted for the past 6 years and a previous 20-30 before that with different owners....it's on the verge of dying now. :( Time to do some spring cleaning! Lots of berries out there that definitely needed to be used up ASAP. So, what do I make? MUFFINS! With all these ever growing bodies to feed, muffins are a quick and easy breakfast or after school snack.

The recipe is adapted from a cookbook gifted to me many years ago. The book is called 'Muffin Mania' by Cathy Prange and Joan Pauli.





note* I am a one bowl kinda gal, so I really just throw everything in and mix it up! The muffin man would be very disappointed in my kitchen logic!

Morning Glory Muffins with a Twist

2 cups flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups cranberries
2 cups Saskatoon berries
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup almond milk (optional, mine was a bit on the dry side so I added this)
Lemon zest to taste.



Mix it up. Fill greased muffin tins. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes. Yields 24 nice size muffins.

These muffins remind me of McDonald's Fruit N Fibre muffins. But you will have to see for yourself.

note* I like to add what is on hand in my cupboards, You have nuts, add nuts, Craisins? do it. Raisins? Be my guest! Play it up to what you and your fam jam like! Have fun with it and make it your own!

Until next time,

The Abstract Mama - Winging it, One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment