Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cakes, Cakes, & Cakes

I love cakes. Anything cakes, really. Chocolate cakes, cupcakes, pancakes! I love em' all! I did up this cake for a friend of mine last Friday. I hope to one day invest in some of the fancy tools used in decorating cakes. But for now, I am content with what I have:)




I had fun with this! It is also a Rainbow cake inside! 5 layers of yummy goodness! 

I found the recipe at Glorious Treats . (The vanilla cake part, not the Rainbow idea) Instead of the cupcakes I made a cake. The icing I used was just Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla. I added a pack of Cherry Kool-aid to turn it pink. (Instead of food coloring!)

I used bamboo skewer sticks for the banner. For the lettering, I used the Songbird Cartridge on the Cricut. And a 2" scallop punch for the bottom trim.

~happy crafting!~




No comments:

Post a Comment