Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Thunderstorm & Grandma

Our first real thunderstorm of the summer! The lightning leading up to it last evening was spectacular. It was full of orange hues and sheet lightning. It looked to be leading up to a powerful storm; I was gearing up for thunder throughout the night, but if there was any I didn't hear it, as I slept like a log. This morning I was sipping my coffee and I could hear the thunder rolling. It rained for all of 3 minutes. Just enough to water my plants for free and the children to dance in the rain.

*update* more rain showers throughout the day. It was refreshing!

Thank you God for the rain! Thank you for the rainbow that follows. Thank you for the promise of your rainbow.

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth". Genesis 9:16

Today marks my Grandma Lois' 73 birthday. She left this earth twenty years ago. I was 10 when she died. I'll never understand how someone that young is taken away from loved ones. I would have loved to have her around to share in this part of my life. There have been times where I wish I could pick up the phone and ask her a question about what I should do, or how I should handle something. I wish my children would have had the chance to meet such an incredibly self-less, & strong woman. 
Happy Birthday Grandma. We miss you.

This is the only photo I can find
of my grandmother.
I'm on a mission to find some more.
{Circa 1970's - Photo Permission
 from her daughter, my mother, Anna) 




No comments:

Post a Comment